Sunday, October 28, 2007

here we go again

2:41am Tuesday, Aug 28

today i'm flying out to new brunswick to start my time with canada world youth. i'm just so used to moving around, that i'm acting very non-chalant about this. i mean, this is not going to be an easy experience. it'll be a complete 180 from my time in Japan. for one, i won't be making any money. second, i will be living with a host family for 6 months (3 in NB, and 3 in china). i'll have a chinese counterpart attached to my hip for those 6 months. i won't be allowed to drive (i love driving!). i won't even be allowed to leave my host community without asking my supervisor for permission! but for the most part, it hasn't even hit me i'm starting this new adventure in a few hours. i mean, i haven't even PACKED yet. procastinator to the end, and it's my fault i've had to cancel a few dates with friends. sorry guys!! i wish i had more time...

this week i'll be at orientation camp getting to know the other 8 canadians and 9 chinese that will be in my group. and our host families will be there. i won't know who my counterpart, who my family will be, or what job i'll be doing until the end of camp. i'll try to update often. gambatte ne!

No comments: